Developing your toddler’s independence, curiosity and exploration skills.
We offer two classrooms for our students aged 12 – 23 months. Younger toddlers occupy the Tweety Birds class and children ages 18-23 months the Grasshoppers class. Toddlers transition between the two classes based on their age, readiness and the availability of space.
At age one, we often see students pulling up, walking and growing in independence. The Avalon Academy 12 month + program builds on the skills learned in the infant program by encouraging problem solving, exploration and self-help skills.
The Avalon Academy 12 month +curriculum promotes:
- Gross motor skill development through climbing and riding toys
- Fine motor skills development through stacking toys, basic puzzles and crafts
- Imagination play through dress up and developmental toys
- Music and language development through exposure to background music and story telling
- Daily outdoor play
At the end of each day, you’ll receive a report card, listing your child’s activities, eating and toilet patterns and general information on your toddler’s emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Age range: 12–17 months*
- Permitted teacher student ratios: 3 teachers to 13 students
- Class teachers: Ms. Bertha, Ms. Alexis, and Ms. Monique
- Age range: 18-23 months*
- Permitted teacher student ratios: 3 teachers to 18 students
- Class teachers: Ms. Ashley, Ms. Mirna, Ms. Valerie
*Entry into a specific class is dependent on age, readiness and space availability.
07:00am – Arrival
- 07:30am – Center play
08:00am – Diaper change / hand washing
08:30am – Snack
09:00am – Recess
09:30am – Circle time
10:30am – Clean up, diaper changes and hand washing
11:00am – Lunch
11:30am – Diaper change, hand washing and nap preparation
12:00pm – Nap time
02:00pm – Diaper change and hand washing
02:30pm – Snack
03:00pm – Story time and center time
04:00pm – Diaper change and hand washing
04:15pm – Sing songs, individual play and group centers
04:30pm – Recess and preparing for departure